This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Tarasivka (Kyiv, Ukraine)

Last modified: 2008-07-12 by dov gutterman
Keywords: kiev | kyiv | tarasivka |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



(1:1)
image from the site of Ukrainian Heraldry

Note: This village is in Kyiv-Svyatoshinsky district. There is another village with the same name at Bila Tserkva district.



See also:


The Gonfalon

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"It was confirmed in March, 24th, 2006 by the decision of XXIII village council session of IV convocation. Square green panel, in which is yellow Scythian jewelry. In jewelry inserted yellow formy cross with prolonged bottom beam. The authors are V.Napytkin, V.Mysak, V.Syzon.
Cossack cross simultaneously is a religious symbol, sign of village revival after the tatars invasion, belonging of village to Kyiv-Pechers'k monastery and Mykhailivs'kyi Zolotoverhyi (golden-cupolas) monastery, and also ancient church "The Blessed Virgin Assumption"."
Dov Gutterman
, 6 June 2006


The Gonfalon of the Chairman of Village Council

(1:1)
image from the site of Ukrainian Heraldry

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"It was confirmed in March, 24th, 2006 by the decision of XXIII village council session of IV convocation. Square blue panel, in which is the village arm in yellow cartouche and crowned by yellow village crown. From both parties the arms is accompanied by a vertical pattern from yellow oak leaves. Height of the arms and pattern is equal to 9/10 from gonfalon height. Gonfalon has yellow edging from three sides. The authors are V.Napytkin, V.Mysak, V.Syzon."
Dov Gutterman
, 6 June 2006


Coat of Arms


image from the site of Ukrainian Heraldry

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"It was confirmed in March, 24th, 2006 by the decision of XXIII village council session of IV convocation. Per fess wavy in two ledges and three hollows by azure and vert. Arhystratyg Michael in argent armour and gules raincoat, with a flaming sword in the right hand and argent shield in left; or Scythian jewelry. The shield enframed by or cartouche and crowned by or village crown. The authors are V.Napytkin, V.Mysak, V.Syzon.
Vert colour is symbol of a nature. Jewelry means, that the settlement on this place existed in Scythian times. The wavy fess symbolizes first name of the settlement - "Boyarka", which occurs from a word "byeraky" (hills). Arhystratyg Michael means an accessory of the village to the Kyivs'ka oblast'.".
Dov Gutterman, 6 June 2006


The Village

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"Tarasivka is settlement of Scythian period. The first name - "Boyarka" - occurs from a word "byeraky" (hills and ravines). The modern name it has received in 1924 in honour of Taras Shevchenko.
In the times of prince Volodymyr, Boyarka was a part of defensive installation system. According to the documents of VI century, this territory was in structure of Lithuania, and after Lublin union 1569 it belonged to Poland.
The data of the first church construction is unknown, but according to decree of great prince Andrew Bogolubs'kyi from 1195, village was handed over Kyiv-Pechers'k monastery. Since 1688 Boyarka belonged to Mykhailivs'kyi Zolotoverhyi (golden-cupolas) monastery. Last church "The Blessed Virgin Assumption" was built in 1810 and burned down in 1970."
Dov Gutterman, 6 June 2006